Sunday, August 7, 2011

Roadtrip!

Yesterday I went and got Alfonsos breakfast burritos for Josh and my breakfast. I dont eat anything else from Alfonsos, kinda scares me on the food poisoning potential. But their breakfast burritos are heavenly. I am pretty sure that they deep fry all of the ingredients so I usually only get them on my way out of town to phoenix. Anyhoo after the delicious breakfast Josh went to sleep and I cleaned the garage out and started cleaning the house and doing laundry and who should come out to the living room but Joshie Poo! He had yesterday off (first one that he has had off and not been tied down since he took vacation for our honeymoon). It is always relaxing to get out of town so it was off to Montezuma Well with us. Well we got the the little picnic area and realized that it was about 200 degrees outside so we played in the irrigation ditch for awhile and then went for a walk behind the picnic area. Then it was off to Sedona. We went to the Chapel of the Holy Cross. I love that place so much but it was kinda ruined with all of the foreigners. (eh hem... Asian folks) shouting and posing for pictures next to the candles. Its the same thing as Pearl Harbor. You go expecting a reverent environment and they dont understand and use it more as a photo opportunity. GRR!  After Sedona and the beautiful drive through Oak Creek Canyon (where Josh wouldn't stop for us to get out and go swimming) we hit Flagstaff and then over to Williams and had dinner at Pine Country Restaurant. John was feeling a little pithy and didnt enjoy it as much as Josh and I :) and THEEEEN! it was off to the woods next to Williams because Josh doesnt have a fulfilled life if he doesnt see "wildlife". We saw tons of deer and sheep with their sheep dog.

I love spontaneous roadtrips!

This had nothing to do with a road trip but its freakin cute.

Practically all of the Saturdays of my childhood were spent here.






Freshwater clams



Chapel of the Holy Cross



This house is a monstrosity. No one should build a house like that when a tourist spot over looks it.


Well thats just pretty

Raspberry pie!

I lost the guys and where should I find them!


Only Josh takes my car off roading



Honest Abe is coming back. Time to shave John. 


With lighting like this who needs to see elk!



Can you spot the dog?

No comments:

Post a Comment